By Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson
- An quite broad-ranging and obtainable Companion to the examine of yank fiction of the post-civil warfare interval and the early 20th century Brings jointly 29 essays via most sensible students, every one of which provides a synthesis of the easiest learn and provides an unique perspective
- Divided into sections on ancient traditions and genres, contexts and topics, and significant authors
- Covers a mix of canonical and the non-canonical subject matters, authors, literatures, and significant approaches
- Explores cutting edge themes, resembling ecological literature and ecocriticism, children’s literature, and the impression of Darwin on fiction
Read or Download A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Fakery, authenticity, and identification in American literature and tradition on the flip of the twentieth centuryFocusing on texts written among 1880 and 1930, Mary McAleer Balkun explores the concept that of the “counterfeit,” either by way of fabric items and invented identities, and the ways in which the purchase of items got here to outline participants in American tradition and literature.
Kinfolk among girls - just like the branches and roots of the mangrove - twist round, throughout, and inside of others as they pervade Caribbean letters. wish among ladies in Caribbean Literature elucidates where of wish among girls in Caribbean letters, compelling readers to reconsider how you can learn the buildings and practices of sexuality.
Investigar el lugar que ocupó l. a. revista Poesía Buenos Aires en el campo artístico argentino de los angeles década de 1950 implica el acercamiento a un ambiente de rabioso vanguardismo en un contexto político autoritario. Pese a ocupar un lugar periférico y subalterno en relación al concepto oficial de lo que debía ser l. a. literatura, o quizá cabría decir que gracias a ello, poesía buenos aires pudo desarrollarse en el campo literario de aquel tiempo, sirviendo de inspiración a los poetas de su misma generación y también, de orientación para los poetas de las subsiguientes.
This ebook bridges the fields of Children’s Literature and Italian reports by means of studying how turn-of-the-century children’s books solid a unified nationwide id for the recent Italian kingdom. via contextualized shut readings of quite a lot of texts, Truglio indicates how the 19th-century notion of recapitulation, which held that ontogeny (the individual’s improvement) repeats phylogeny (the evolution of the species), underlies the options of this corpus.
- Print Technology in Scotland and America, 1740–1800 (Transits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650–1850)
- Reading Christopher Smart in the Twenty-first Century: "By Succession of Delight" (Transits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650–1850)
- Whitman among the Bohemians (Iowa Whitman Series)
- Realism and Regionalism, 1865-1914 (Research Guide to American Literature)
- Writing Difference: Nationalism, Identity and Literature
Extra resources for A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to American Fiction 1865 - 1914 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Robert Paul Lamb,G. R. Thompson