By Mitchell B. Lerner
- Explores the legacy of Johnson and the historic value of his years as president
- Covers the entire variety of subject matters, from the social and civil rights reforms of the good Society to the elevated American involvement in Vietnam
- Incorporates the dramatic new facts that has come to mild during the unencumber of round 8,000 mobile conversations and conferences that Johnson secretly recorded as President
Read or Download A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
Significant examine of the function of eu Christian democratic events within the making of the ecu Union. It appreciably re-conceptualises ecu integration in long term historic standpoint because the end result of partisan pageant of political ideologies and events and their guiding rules for the way forward for Europe.
This examine examines Latino nationwide political coalitions within the usa with a spotlight on Chicanos, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans. It argues that Latino nationwide political coalitions are an street of political empowerment for the Latino group, yet face social, financial, and political demanding situations within the Latino group.
Indonesia is the world’s biggest archipelagic country. In 2001 it launched into a ‘big bang’ decentralization regarding an immense move of administrative, political and financial authority to its districts, now numbering greater than 500. including the fast transition from authoritarian to democratic rule within the past due Nineteen Nineties, this initiative has remodeled the country’s political, social and enterprise existence.
Congress A to Z presents ready-reference perception into the nationwide legislature, its association, strategies, personalities, significant laws, and background. No different quantity so essentially and concisely explains each key point of the nationwide legislature. The 6th version of this vintage, easy-to-use reference is up to date with new entries overlaying the dramatic congressional occasions of contemporary years, together with social media utilization by means of participants of Congress, the politics of contemporary debt ceiling and deficit spending showdowns with the administrative department, new ground leaders in either chambers, and crusade finance styles.
- Reforming the Electoral Process in America: Toward More Democracy in the 21st Century
- The Burghs and Parliament in Scotland, c. 1550–1651
- European Civil Security Governance: Diversity and Cooperation in Crisis and Disaster Management (New Security Challenges)
- American Foreign Policy: Past, Present, and Future
- Presidents with Prime Ministers: Do Direct Elections Matter?
- Killing Congress: Assassinations, Attempted Assassinations and Other Violence against Members of Congress
Extra info for A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Mitchell B. Lerner