By John T. Matthews
- Brings together 28 unique essays from major scholars
- Allows readers to orient person works and authors of their vital cultural and social contexts
- Contributes to efforts to recuperate minority voices, equivalent to these of African American novelists, and renowned subgenres, akin to detective fiction
- Directs scholars to significant appropriate scholarship for extra inquiry
- Suggests the numerous ways in which “modern”, “American” and “fiction” hold new meanings within the twenty-first century
Read or Download A Companion to the Modern American Novel 1900 - 1950 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Fakery, authenticity, and id in American literature and tradition on the flip of the twentieth centuryFocusing on texts written among 1880 and 1930, Mary McAleer Balkun explores the idea that of the “counterfeit,” either when it comes to fabric items and invented identities, and the ways in which the purchase of items got here to outline members in American tradition and literature.
Family among ladies - just like the branches and roots of the mangrove - twist round, throughout, and inside of others as they pervade Caribbean letters. hope among ladies in Caribbean Literature elucidates where of wish among ladies in Caribbean letters, compelling readers to reconsider how one can learn the buildings and practices of sexuality.
Investigar el lugar que ocupó l. a. revista Poesía Buenos Aires en el campo artístico argentino de los angeles década de 1950 implica el acercamiento a un ambiente de rabioso vanguardismo en un contexto político autoritario. Pese a ocupar un lugar periférico y subalterno en relación al concepto oficial de lo que debía ser l. a. literatura, o quizá cabría decir que gracias a ello, poesía buenos aires pudo desarrollarse en el campo literario de aquel tiempo, sirviendo de inspiración a los poetas de su misma generación y también, de orientación para los poetas de las subsiguientes.
This ebook bridges the fields of Children’s Literature and Italian reviews by means of analyzing how turn-of-the-century children’s books solid a unified nationwide identification for the hot Italian kingdom. via contextualized shut readings of quite a lot of texts, Truglio indicates how the 19th-century notion of recapitulation, which held that ontogeny (the individual’s improvement) repeats phylogeny (the evolution of the species), underlies the techniques of this corpus.
- A Chronology of Jane Austen and her Family: 1600–2000
- The Decadent Republic of Letters: Taste, Politics, and Cosmopolitan Community from Baudelaire to Beardsley (Haney Foundation Series)
- The Poetics of Transubstantiation: From Theology to Metaphor (Studies in European Cultural Transition)
- Eve's Century: A Sourcebook of Writings on Women and Journalism 1895-1950
Extra info for A Companion to the Modern American Novel 1900 - 1950 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to the Modern American Novel 1900 - 1950 (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by John T. Matthews