By Christopher Tollefsen
Pope John Paul II shocked a lot of the clinical international in 2004 together with his strongly worded assertion insisting that sufferers in a power vegetative country will be supplied with meals and hydration. This selection of essays that includes the most sought after Catholic bioethicists addresses the Pope’s statements, the ethical concerns surrounding synthetic feeding and hydration, the refusal of therapy, and the ethics of deal with these on the finish of life.
Read Online or Download Artificial Nutrition and Hydration: The New Catholic Debate: 93 (Philosophy and Medicine) PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
Most folk comprehend Peoples Temple via its violent lead to Jonestown, Guyana in 1978, the place greater than 900 american citizens dedicated homicide and suicide in a jungle commune. Media insurance of the development sensationalized the crowd and obscured the historical past of these who died. The view that emerged thirty years in the past keeps to dominate knowing of Jonestown this present day, regardless of dozens of books, articles, and documentaries that experience seemed.
This ebook reports the complementary positive aspects of the idea of David Hume and Edward Gibbon within the entire variety of its disagreement with eighteenth-century Christianity. the 10 chapters discover the iconoclasm of those philosophical historians - Hume because the premiere thinker, Gibbon because the consummate historian - as they worked to `naturalize' the learn of Christianity, really with awareness to its social and political dimensions.
This ebook offers a suite of texts by way of the German physicist and thinker Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker (1912-2007) in English, to be used in seminars at the philosophy of faith, the comparative research of faith, yet besides on the relationship among faith and the medical worldview. such a lot texts seem in English for the 1st time.
Henning Tegtmeyer plädiert für eine Erneuerung der Natürlichen Theologie als Teildisziplin der Metaphysik und damit der Philosophie. Dass deren Fragestellungen und Probleme unerledigte Aufgaben des Denkens sind, ist seine Hauptthese. Kants wirkmächtige Kritik der Gottesbeweise, des Kernstücks jeder Natürlichen Theologie, erweist sich als nicht allgemeingültig, denn sie trifft nicht die theistischen Argumente Anselms von Canterbury, René Descartes' und des Aquinaten.
- Bioethics, Law, and Human Life Issues: A Catholic Perspective on Marriage, Family, Contraception, Abortion, Reproductive Technology, and Death and Dying (Catholic Social Thought)
- The God Beyond Belief: In Defence of William Rowe's Evidential Argument from Evil: 27 (Studies in Philosophy and Religion)
- A Philosophy of Christian Materialism: Entangled Fidelities and the Public Good (Intensities: Contemporary Continental Philosophy of Religion)
- Kierkegaard and Kant on Radical Evil and the Highest Good: Virtue, Happiness, and the Kingdom of God
- Religious Ethics in a Time of Globalism: Shaping a Third Wave of Comparative Analysis (Content and Context in Theological Ethics)
Additional info for Artificial Nutrition and Hydration: The New Catholic Debate: 93 (Philosophy and Medicine)
Artificial Nutrition and Hydration: The New Catholic Debate: 93 (Philosophy and Medicine) by Christopher Tollefsen